Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Face of the Month - August 2010

It's that time - Face of the Month! For those who are new to this feature, each month I shine the spotlight on a wonderful adoptable pet from PAWS Chicago. If you adopt the dog or cat, let me know by email. I'll follow up with you in two weeks, and if you are still the proud owner of your new family member, I will send you two dozen cookies as a thank you.

This month's face is Charlotte:


Charlotte is a gorgeous 2-year-old medium haired kitty. Charlotte loves to have her long, soft fur brushed. She can be a bit shy at first but quickly comes around. Charlotte likes to curl up on a nice warm lap. She enjoys companionship and would make a great pet.

Although I don't talk about it much, I have an incredible soft spot for cats. I always had cats growing up, and they are just wonderful. I love that they have personalities like dogs, but they are so unbelievably distinct and definitely their own beings. Charlotte in particular is special to me because she reminds me of my first cat, Kitty. I have such sweet memories of Kitty cuddling with my mom; those two had such a sweet, close relationship, and I swear Kitty and Charlotte are kindred spirits.

Charlotte is currently living in a foster home. For more information or to set up a visit with her, please contact Melissa Dragovan at mdragovan@pawschicago.org or (773) 687-4716, or you can always email me directly at vegbakerjd@gmail.com.

And of course, please continue to consider Red, one of the most awesome dogs you'll ever meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment